Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Best mom ever!

The other night, we went for a family ski. I was with my daughter (Age 2) on the magic carpet when she announced she had to pee. Two carpets and a decent walk from the lodge, I thought about it and decided, "if little boys can pee outside, why not little girls?"

So, we ducked behind a snowbank and some trees and I helped her lower her many layers to pee. Well, I must not have gotten everything lowered well because she was soon telling me, "I think I'm having an accident." Sure enough, all pants layers, including her snow pants, were soaked.

I sighed, and then proceeded to make the long haul with her to the lodge. What to do next? My husband was out on the chairlift with our son, and he had the keys to the truck where the extra clothes were kept. So we headed to the bathroom, I stripped her wet undies and pants off and proceeded to dry them under the mega powerful hand dryer, while she stood there mostly naked. And then, yes, I put her back in pants saturated in dried urine until dad came in and it was time to go.

Is there a lesson here? Hmmm...maybe don't skip the bathroom when you're with a little girl on a downhill slope with lots of complicated layers. It's not so easy, turns out. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment