Thursday, September 1, 2016

Crazy decision

In April of 2015, we sold our home and moved into a 30 foot Flying Cloud Airstream. We made this choice for a few reasons: to save some money, to allow for me to work part time and stay home more with our children, and to travel in the process. There was a larger goal too of getting to a better spot financially (i.e. no debt and money saved to build a home).

We knew it wouldn't be easy, but if you knew us you'd say this is something we could achieve and maybe even enjoy. We are outdoorsy, love adventure and travel, and we can handle life with less stuff and fewer amenities.

Still, it has been a rough year, and actually for reasons different than we all anticipated. So, I am turning to writing, as I have in other rough patches of life, as a way to dispose of the negative and potentially shift into happier thoughts. This will not be a blog where I post only happy thoughts. Some of my posts will start and end on a dark note. You can expect honesty and my real, unfiltered thoughts. I'm a believer in process, and sometimes you have to stay in the dark for awhile. You cannot always just flip the switch and "be positive".

Hopefully these musings are helpful to someone else in a dark place. At minimum, I know they will be helpful to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment